Civil Engineer Assistant II
City of Marshalltown
Job Title: Civil Engineer Assistant II
Employer: City of Marshalltown
List of Job Duties: This is responsible and difficult technical work involving the planning, organization, design, development, and coordination of public works projects. The work is performed under the general direction and supervision of the Public Works Director/City Engineer but some leeway is granted for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative. The nature of the work performed requires that an employee in this class establish and maintain close cooperative working relationships with the Public Works Director/City Engineer, other City employees, contractors, developers, contract engineers and architects, community group representatives, and the general public.
See full job announcement on our website
Required Experience and/or Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Acceptable Experience and Training
- Graduation from a college or trade school of recognized standing with a Certificate in Construction Engineering Technology; or a related field; and
- One year experience in the practice of electronic survey, CAD, and GIS, preferably including some supervisory experience; and
- One year experience in construction of civil engineering projects; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Required Special Qualifications
- Possession of a valid Drivers License issued by the State of Iowa.
Further information/application process contact: All applicants must submit a City of Marshalltown Employment Application electronically to the City Human Resource Director at email@example.com Applications can be found at www.marshalltown-ia.gov under employment opportunities.
Job Type : Full-Time
Experience Level : Entry Level