Head Start Bilingual Assistant Teacher
Head Start Bilingual Assistant Teacher – Marshalltown, IA
Are you fluent in English and Spanish? Do you love working with 3 to 5 year olds? Then join our teaching team and use your English and Spanish skills to make a difference in lives of children ages 3 to 5. Help children learn new shapes, colors, numbers, and more while developing important social skills they need to succeed at home, school and in the community. We provide an excellent benefit package and ongoing training opportunities, including assistance in completing a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential during work hours.
Full-time, 9-month position, $11.93 to $12.97 per hour commensurate with education. Position will begin on August 3, 2020.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language; able to speak Spanish language
- Demonstrated level of proficiency in reading, writing and speaking the English language and Spanish language in order to provide oral interpretation
- Demonstrated level of proficiency in reading, writing and speaking the English language and Spanish language in order to provide written translation
- Previous interpreting/translating experience
Preference given to candidates with the following:
- Child Development Associate (CDA) credential appropriate for the age group with which they will be working,
- Applicants enrolled in a program leading to an associate or baccalaureate degree in Early Childhood Education
- Experience working with children 0-5 years of age
Closing Date: Open until filled
Visit http://www.micaonline.org/jobs for a full job description and to submit an online application, cover letter and resume. Or send, fax or email cover letter and resume to: MICA, 1001 S. 18th Ave., Marshalltown, IA 50158; 641-753-1048; firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. EOE