Head Start Lead Teacher
Location: Marshalltown, IA
List of Job Duties:
As a Head Start Lead Teacher you will sing, dance, create, explore, get messy, experiment, laugh and learn with children ages 3 to 5. Help children gain the skills and confidence they need to succeed at home, school and the community. Lead the classroom team and promote the social, emotional, physical and cognitive development of children ages 3 to 5. Encourage parent involvement in all aspects of the program. Responsible for oversight and leadership of the classroom team, including supervision of staff and responsibility for achieving and maintaining established educational thresholds of participants.
We provide ongoing professional development opportunities and an excellent benefit package. Part-time, 9-month position, 26 hours per week, beginning in August 2021. $15.75 to $21.69 per hour, commensurate with education. Required Experience and/or Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development (classified as Head Start Lead Teacher 3). Preference given to candidates with experience teaching preschool-age children.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education with an Early Childhood Education Endorsement (classified as Head Start Lead Teacher 3). Preference given to candidates with experience teaching preschool-age children.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree and coursework equivalent to a major relating to early childhood education (such as the Child, Adult and Family Services Degree with Child Option at Iowa State University), with experience teaching preschool-age children (classified as Head Start Lead Teacher 2).
- Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development (classified as Head Start Lead Teacher 1) with infant, toddler, or pre-school teaching experience.
- Supervisory experience
- Experience teaching preschool-age children
Further information/application process contact: http://www.micaonline.org/jobs
Contact: Helen Benker, email@example.com, 641-752-7162 (w) 515-509-6162 (c)
Closing Date: Open until filled
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level