Employer: Mechdyne Corporation
Job Title: Installation Technician
Location: Marshalltown, IA
Brief Job Description/Summary: https://careers.mechdyne.com/careers/jobDescription.html?id=464
Mechdyne is one of the world's leading providers of innovative audio, visual and information technologies. We serve a global client base that includes a significant percentage of Fortune 500 companies, in a variety of fields and industries, such as oil and gas, university research, product design, manufacturing, government research, and training. To ensure our clients succeed, we provide comprehensive, customized solutions that include AV/IT hardware integration, technical services, software and consulting.
As an Installation Technician, you will assist in the delivery of customized AV, IT, and Virtual Reality systems for current and future clients. You will be directly involved with projects by staging and testing systems at our Technical Center then traveling to client sites to complete the installation process. You’ll enjoy bending technology to your will and watching innovative technology happen every day.
· Install and integrate projection display/optics, audiovisual, conferencing, control system, computing, and tracking/interface systems for projects
· Opportunity to work hands-on with cutting-edge technology, including video conferencing, high performance computer graphics applications, computing equipment, networked visualization, streaming video, fiber-optics communications, analog signal transmission equipment, meeting space control systems, and facilities integration.
· Address on-site integration challenges with common sense, ingenuity, and creativity to get the installation completed while maintaining system functionality and Mechdyne quality
· Maintain up-to-the-minute documentation of on-site activities, system configurations, and lessons learned.
· Assist with project and system scheduling and logistics
· Grow professionally through on-going training, certification programs, and continued learning
· Perform 'hands-on' fabrication and machining of Mechdyne custom system components as needed
· Travel as needed for both foreign and domestic projects
· 2 year degree preferred; not required
· Construction or mechanical background preferred
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows products
· Professional appearance and an ability to communicate directly with clients
· Must be willing to travel 50% of the time
· Must be able to stand, kneel, and crouch for long periods, climb ladders and lift in excess of 50 pounds.
· The "nice-to-haves" for this position include experience with the following:
· Cabling experience (pulling, terminating)
· Basic troubleshooting skills
· General knowledge of Audio/Visual component setup
· Experience setting up and configuring computers
Further information/application process contact: Apply online at this link: https://careers.mechdyne.com/careers/jobDescription.html?id=464 or send a resume to email@example.com
Closing Date: TBD