Employer: Mechdyne Corporation
Job Title: Product Designer
Location: Marshalltown, IA
Brief Job Description/Summary: https://careers.mechdyne.com/careers/jobDescription.html?id=461&postId=46
Mechdyne is one of the world's leading providers of innovative audio, visual and information technologies. These technologies include hardware, software, virtual reality and A/V. We are looking to grow our newest department focusing on machining, assembly and fabrication.
We are looking for a Product Designer to work on various products we develop for our customers.
As a Product Designer, your responsibilities include defining product specifications, creating digital or print drawings and designing fully-functional products. To be successful in this role, you should have an eye for detail and be able to translate requirements into practical product features. You will help the product evolve from concept to finished assembly, including analyzing and anticipating manufacturing and quality challenges along the way.
- · Set design requirements based on briefs from internal teams and external partners
- · Research materials, vendors, and processes
- · Sketch drafts on paper or digitally (for example, using Solid Works)
- · Use 3D modeling software to design products and components
- · Operate manufacturing equipment and train team mates on the details of the design
- · Produce prototypes and test functionality
- · Improve the design of existing products
- · Analyze how a new product can be economically produced
- · Identify opportunities for new products from client feedback
- · Work safely
- · High school diploma or GED equivalency required
- · Work experience as a Product Designer or similar role
- · Experience in industrial design or design drafting
- · Hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) tools
- · Good knowledge of 3D modeling software
- · Understanding of part dimensioning, tolerance, assembly stack-up, and inspections
- · Creativity in solving mechanical problems
- · Time-management skills
- · Must be able to stand, kneel, and crouch for long periods of time
- · Must read and speak English fluently
- · Basic reading, math, and computer skills
- · Basic communication skills
- · Experience with CAM programs is a plus
Further information/application process contact: Apply online at this link: https://careers.mechdyne.com/careers/jobDescription.html?id=461&postId=46
Closing Date: TBD
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""