Employer: Clapsaddle-Garber Associates
Job Title: Surveyor Technician
Brief Job Description/Summary:
Clapsaddle-Garber Associates (CGA) seeks full-time Entry Level Survey Technician to work in our Marshalltown office. We are looking for someone to assist the Lead Surveyor or Land Surveyor Party Chief in completing survey work. We work on a wide variety of large and small projects ranging from municipal infrastructure (i.e., watermain, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, and streets) to large scale agricultural drainage districts.
List of Job Duties:
Primary responsibilities will include working with our field survey crews on a variety of surveying activities from construction to boundary and topographic surveys. Additionally, you will work directly with senior staff in reviewing field notes and assuring construction and boundary calculations are developed/correct.
Required Experience and/or Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
While individuals with prior land surveying experience are preferred, individuals exhibiting a strong work ethic and willingness to learn will be considered. You must possess a valid Driver's license.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities.
- Knowledge of basic math and the types of measurements related to land surveying including linear, angular, elevations and unit systems conversion including knowledge of geometry, trigonometry and algebra.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team with co-workers and managers.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally, in writing and active listening skills.
- Ability to work extended hours including Saturdays and ability to travel out of town for extended periods of time on an as needed basis.
- Proficient in the use of computerized office equipment and programs, including MS Office Suite and Adobe products.
- Highly motivated, resourceful and able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Must be capable of working in rough terrain and inclement weather and lifting 50-75 pounds.
- AA Degree in Construction, Civil Engineering Technology Degree or any other technical degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of survey instruments such as GPS units, transits, levels, distance meters, planimeters, and theodolites.
- Knowledge of information sources used to determine land ownership and location of telephone and power cables, watermains, gas mains, sanitary sewers, storm sewers, and drainage tile.
- Familiarity with GPS, Robotic, Total Stations, Data Collectors and Levels preferred.
- Prior experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation.
Further information/application process contact:
CGA is a full-service civil engineering and land surveying firm operating in five locations in central Iowa for over 60 years. We currently employ 55 people and are growing. A couple of our local major projects are the UnityPoint Hospital (formerly Marshalltown Medical & Surgical Center) and the new Hanger and Terminal Buildings at the Marshalltown Airport.
CGA offers our employees a generous paid time off time policy, casual and fun work environment, competitive compensation packages, variety of health plans to choose from or a taxable cash benefit in lieu of health insurance, and a profit sharing 401(k).
Why Should You Apply?
• Engineers and Land Surveyors will depend on you
• You will be working on diverse projects
• We will challenge you to grow.
• And we like to have fun
Learn more about us at our website https://www.cgaconsultants.com/
Please send your cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com
Clapsaddle-Garber Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing Date: May 15, 2021
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Associate Degree